Quote of the Day
- Page 4
Half of my library are old books because I like seeing how people thought about their world at their time. So that I don't get bigheaded about something we just discovered and I can be humble about where we might go next. Because you can see who got stuff right and most of the people who got stuff wrong.
Neil deGrasse Tyson
The only thing that I discovered very early on is that, even though we might change schools and cities and towns and states, the books in the library were the same. They had the same covers. They had the same characters. I could go and visit those people in the library as if I knew them.
J. Michael Straczynski
And if you are a parent, introduce your children to their neighborhood library. It will give them a real sense of independence to have their own library card and enjoy borrowing books.
Sarah Jessica Parker
An original idea. That can't be too hard. The library must be full of them.
I don't know what your childhood was like, but we didn't have much money. We'd go to a movie on a Saturday night, then on Wednesday night my parents would walk us over to the library. It was such a big deal, to go in and get my own book.
I miss the reference section at the library. I used to go there twice a week on missions. Now everywhere's a research library and I can't get an elitist kick from it any more.
A library book, I imagine, is a happy book.
I was raised in rural south Jersey, and there was no culture there. There was a small library, and that was it. There was nothing else.
Like all those possessing a library, Aurelian was aware that he was guilty of not knowing his in its entirety.
Jorge Luis Borges
London has fine museums, the British Library is one of the greatest library institutions in the world... It's got everything you want, really.
If we can put a man on the moon and sequence the human genome, we should be able to devise something close to a universal digital public library.
Scholars have long dreamed of a universal library containing everything that has ever been written.
Books in a large university library system: 2,000,000. Books in an average large city library: 10,000. Average number of books in a chain bookstore: 30,000. Books in an average neighborhood branch library: 20,000.
Yes, there's such a thing as luck in trial law but it only comes at 3 o'clock in the morning. You'll still find me in the library looking for luck at 3 o'clock in the morning.
Where I grew up, we had the three TV networks, maybe two radio stations, no cable TV. We still had a long-distance party line in our neighborhood, so you could listen to all your neighbors' phone calls. We had a very small public library, and the nearest bookstore was an hour away.
To make sure that votes are never canceled out by illegal votes, we instituted a photo ID requirement. And don't you think it's fair to apply at least the same standard required to get a library card or to board an airpane?
I wanted to be in a band that gave bang for the buck. I wanted to be in the band who didn't look like a bunch of guys who, you know, should be in a library studying for their finals.
My maternal grandmother - she was a compulsive reader. She had only been through five grades of elementary school, but she was a member of the municipal library, and she brought home two or three books a week for me. They could be dime novels or Balzac.
There are probably a few library fines I haven't paid yet, but I'm a pretty clean-cut guy overall.
I'm really a library man, or second-hand book man.
John le Carre
Every day, three times per second, we produce the equivalent of the amount of data that the Library of Congress has in its entire print collection, right? But most of it is like cat videos on YouTube or 13-year-olds exchanging text messages about the next Twilight movie.
If I was a book, I would like to be a library book, so I would be taken home by all different sorts of kids.
I know if I stopped hosting 'Wine Library TV,' we'd probably lose 75 percent of our audience, but the remaining 25 percent is still a big number.
I have said repeatedly that in this country we track library books better than we do sex offenders.
I was a great reader of fairy tales. I tried to read the entire fairy tale section of the library.
John F. Kennedy
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Image of the Moment
Download the free
BrainyQuote iPhone/iPad app
Create beautiful picture quotes to share, and get Today's Quote in Notifications on your devices.
Get Social with BrainyQuote
Follow BrainyQuote on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ to share inspiring quotes with friends. Join now!
Image of the Moment
Quote of the Day
BQ on Facebook
BQ on Twitter
BQ on Pinterest
BQ on Google+
Quote Of The Day Feeds
Quote of the Day Email
© 2001 - 2015 BrainyQuote