Quote of the Day
- Page 4
Also note that invariably when we design something that can be used by those with disabilities, we often make it better for everyone.
It is actually costlier to hire an immigrant. And yet the farm worker is almost invariably an immigrant. You can't pay an American to pick blueberries.
I've never written a children's book, but when people meet me for the first time and I say I write books, they invariably reply, 'Children's books?' Maybe it's something about my face.
When people say 'let's do something about it', they mean 'let's get hold of the political machinery so that we can do something to somebody else.' And that somebody is invariably you.
Ask any parent what we want for our children, and invariably we say 'a better life.' To that end, we give our time, our sleep, our money, and our dreams, much as our parents did before us. We all want a better life for our children. But what we want for them ceases to matter if we leave them an unlivable world.
Ball teams do not always run true to form in a short series. In a season's campaign, class will tell; the best team will invariably win, unless disaster overtakes it. In a short series, some freak situation, same unusual play, may prove to be the turning point.
His imagination conceived and bore - worlds; but nothing in these worlds became alive until he discovered its true and living name. The name was the breath of life; and, sooner or later, he invariably found it.
Algernon H. Blackwood
Trusting people to pursue their own futures invariably provides better outcomes. Money goes where it is needed, rather than being absorbed by administration costs.
The biography I've written about Wendy Wasserstein will almost invariably be different than the one anyone else would write.
The more facts you tell, the more you sell. An advertisement's chance for success invariably increases as the number of pertinent merchandise facts included in the advertisement increases.
Incompetents invariably make trouble for people other than themselves.
I've seen the people who talk about their love lives in print invariably have doomed relationships with the person they're talking about.
I have little routines in the theater. Once I've established something, like the order of putting on makeup and a costume, I have to invariably do it in the same order every time, even if I only did it by chance the first time round.
As with most liberal sexual ideas, what makes the world a better place for men invariably makes it a duller and more dangerous place for women.
At the start of first terms, presidents invariably have a measure of goodwill.
Having learnt my basics in theatre, I always feel film is a collaborative effort. If you do your part well and help the person in front of you in realising his or her potential, the film invariably comes out good.
When a movie is called 'searingly honest,' it's almost invariably grim and demonstrates how bad things can get.
Because I have two houses, I invariably get immersed in a book and then discover it's at the other house.
Often, investors will discover a manager after he's had a terrific run, usually when he lands on a magazine cover somewhere. Invariably, funds swell up with new investor money just before they revert to their long-term averages.
Age, they say, is only important if you're cheese. or a wine. They also say, if you are stuck behind one on a golf course, that a tree is 90 per cent air. How come, then, that you invariably send your ball crashing into the remaining 10 per cent?
A student will send me an urgent appeal to hear her, saying she is poor and wants my advice as to whether it is worth while to continue her studies. I invariably refuse such requests.
It's no small irony that the government inevitably and invariably ends up promoting precisely that which they would most like to repress.
When you're working with music that is invariably better than you are, it's difficult to become swell-headed.
A lot of my close friends are nothing to do with show business. But the people I've had relationships with, invariably, I've worked with. I think that's probably because I grew up in a family where we all worked together, so it's something I feel comfortable with.
It was one of those goals that's invariably a goal.
A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
John F. Kennedy
Image of the Moment
Download the free
BrainyQuote iPhone/iPad app
Create beautiful picture quotes to share, and get Today's Quote in Notifications on your devices.
Memorial Day Quotes
Get Social with BrainyQuote
Follow BrainyQuote on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ to share inspiring quotes with friends. Join now!
Image of the Moment
Quote of the Day
BQ on Facebook
BQ on Twitter
BQ on Pinterest
BQ on Google+
Quote Of The Day Feeds
Quote of the Day Email
© 2001 - 2015 BrainyQuote